Air Conditioning Repairs & Replacements in Southern California
How do you know if you need an AC repair or when it’s time for an AC replacement? What are some common air conditioning problems and can you diagnosis an air conditioner repair problem yourself? At Nexgen Air, we believe the more you know about air and heating repair, the more likely you are to choose us as your air conditioning service company! We are Google Certified for Home Services in Southern California and all of our employees are background checked and verified.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
Air conditioner repair and AC replacement are two separate issues, however, they can often be linked together. Most common air conditioning problems fall into three broad categories.
Not Cooling Properly
- Refrigerant: Your AC unit may have old, ineffective refrigerant or it may have dissipated or leaked out.
- Sensor Problems: Your air conditioner contains a number of sensors that relays information. Over time, the sensor can send false readings.
- Thermostat Issues. Your thermostat may not be properly reading the accurate air temperature, causing your system to “think” it is running properly when it is not.
- Drainage Problems. An air conditioner creates condensate that must be drained away properly. This drain can become clogged with dust, dirt, and rust.
- Dirty Filters. This is one of the most common and most preventable problems that affect air conditioning. Dirty filters can lead to increased energy consumption, frozen evaporator coils and can contribute to unhealthy air.
Not Turning On
- Electric Control Failure. Compressor and fan controls can wear out due to overworking or connections may become corroded.
- Thermostat Failure. There are a variety of reasons your thermostat can fail, preventing a a successful connection to your AC.
- Lack of Power. If your AC is not working it may not be getting electricity. This is easy to go unnoticed due to HVAC units having their own circuits. Make sure to check your circuit breaker.
Airflow is Limited
- Ductwork Issues. Airflow problems may be caused by clogged, disconnected or separated ductwork.
- Dirty Filters. While your AC is not designed to clean air, it uses filters to help remove damaging particles from getting through the system. These filters are designed to be changed frequently.
Rest assured that when our Nexgen Air technicians arrives at your home, their truck will be stocked with the parts most frequently prone to failure. We carry replacement parts including blower motors, compressors, wirings, filters, refrigerant tanks and refills, trim kits & more. Most common AC repairs can be done in one trip.
Is Air Conditioning Repair Enough?
So what should you consider when deciding if an AC repair is “good enough”? Keep in mind the following factors:
- The age of the unit. As your AC unit edges toward 20 years old, it is likely reaching the end of its lifespan.
- Energy efficiency. Once units reach 15 years of age, they should be considered a candidate for replacement, based on energy savings alone.
- Frequency of repairs. Frequent repairs can be frustrating, expensive and create an uncomfortable, warm home.
Why Contact Nexgen Air For Your Southern California AC Repair or AC Replacement?
With Nexgen Air, you always have the final say on your air conditioning repair or replacement. Our HVAC contractors will offer the best diagnosis of your AC unit and they will take all the necessary steps to keep it running as efficiently as possible. They will guide you through your options and probable outcomes.
At Nexgen Air, we offer emergency service on AC repairs. If a replacement is necessary, we have finance plans available. We provide a selection of excellent maintenance programs through our Nexgen Club membership. Our warranty, up to 12 years, is the best in the business and provides an additional peace of mind.
To take advantage of our $68 tune-up special or to schedule a free estimate, call us at 833-3NEXGEN. Nexgen Air proudly serves Southern California from our three main offices in Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Palm Desert. For your next air and heating repair, contact Nexgen Air.