Why Nexgen is the Best Choice
Southern California’s warm, temperate climate is great for being outdoors. It also means residents rely on their air conditioning year-round to stay comfortable inside. Our customers can depend on Nexgen, which is Google Certified for home services, for AC repairs or help with installation or replacement. Whether it’s time for an inspection or tune-up, our expert professionals can be there for you. All our technicians are background checked and verified, affording you peace of mind when we visit your home. When you need an emergency repair or a routine inspection, we can come to your house quickly to restore your comfort. We’ll even match your requirements with the right Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating to ensure your home is effectively cooled and energy consumption is minimized.
We Install Various AC Systems
There are several types of air conditioning systems, each with their own benefits. At Nexgen, here are some of the systems we install and service:
- Ductless Mini-Split: If your home does not have ductwork, this type of system is easy to install. It can cool individual areas as needed, and not rooms that you don’t use, to reduce utility costs.
- Central Units: Provide even cooling throughout the home as well as dehumidification and filtration to improve air quality. A central system can last 10 to 15 years, so you can expect long-term reliable performance.
- Window Units: Window ACs are known for their low cost, efficiency, and ease of installation. You don’t need extra floor space for them, while the units can provide air filtration and dehumidification as well.
- Heat Pumps: Draw heat from outdoor air to provide indoor heating and cooling using the same system. They use less energy than electric air conditioning units and combustion heating systems, and can last up to 15 years.
- Packaged Units: Lasting up to 20 years, packaged units, or rooftop ACs, save space because they’re not installed on the ground. They also have a modular design so can be expanded or reduced based on your needs.
Benefits of a New Air Conditioning System
Air conditioners are built differently than they were just a few years ago. Installing a new one mitigates issues from dealing with older systems. If you have an air conditioning system that is more than 10 years old, you can benefit from today’s higher efficiency solutions. ENERGY STAR certified units are designed to meet strict standards, which helps reduce utility costs and monthly bills. The savings add up over the lifespan of the system, so you can recoup much of the cost of replacing your air conditioners. Older systems aren’t as effective at cooling. Newer ones resolve this issue, so your home is more comfortable, while indoor air quality is improved thanks to effective dehumidification and filtration. Dust, pollen, mold, and other airborne pollutants can be removed to make the air in your home healthier. Our ACs also feature durable materials so they resist corrosion and wear and tear. With a new AC, you can also enjoy your home, work more efficiently, and sleep better.
Components of an Ac System
AC systems are complex and multifunctional, which is why you need a professional to install all the components. The basic components of the typical system include:
- Ductwork: Air ducts distribute air from the AC system to the various rooms in your home, which enters through vents.
- Compressors: Process refrigerant into a high-pressure gaseous form; cooling this gas provides the cool air for home comfort.
- Filters: An air filter removes dust and other contaminants in all the air that passes through your HVAC system.
- Motors: The blower motor forces air through all the ducts and vents connected to your HVAC system and into your home.
- Air Handlers: Indoor components that use a blower to evenly circulate cooled air throughout your home.
- Evaporator Coils: Draw heat out of refrigerant that passes through the system, lowering coolant temperature and therefore that of the air.
Thermostats, although they may seem like separate components, are an integral part of your AC system. Newer versions include digital thermostats you can program to set a schedule for heating and cooling. Reliable Honeywell thermostats are installed by our technicians. A Wi-Fi thermostat (Honeywell or Google Nest) can be controlled from your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Tips for Lowering Your Cooling Costs
Installing a programmable thermostat is one of our most effective options for lowering cooling costs. You can set the unit to automatically provide warmer temperatures at night or during the workday, so energy and costs aren’t wasted on unnecessary cooling. Other tips for lowering cooling costs include:
- Installing attic insulation: Thicker insulation can prevent warmed air from rising through your roof and out of your home. It also keeps in cool air during warmer months.
- Sealing your ducts: Leaky ductwork wastes energy. We can seal ducts and add insulation in exposed areas to maximize the efficiency of your air conditioning
- Using energy-efficient window coverings: Efficient window coverings such as blinds, shades, and special window film can prevent air from escaping through the glass.
Also, look for ENERGY STAR certified equipment. It is designed to strict standards, to operate using less energy, and significantly reduce energy costs.
AC Units and Brands
The Nexgen brand of HVAC equipment offers efficiency, quiet performance, and integrated diagnostics systems. From air handlers with variable speed motors to multi-speed gas furnaces, to variable-speed, energy efficient air conditioners, we use only top-of-the-line equipment. Nexgen also provides exceptional service whether you need maintenance or emergency repairs. We offer comprehensive a maintenance plan that covers annual tune-ups and inspections. Warranties up to 12 years help save on costs as well. And when you require AC repair or replacement, you can depend on the best in the industry. We install all types of HVAC equipment and help ensure it lasts as long as it’s designed to. To learn more about our air conditioning installation, repair, maintenance, and replacement services, continue browsing our website or call 888-751-3088 for a free quote or more information.