The first step of being a smart, responsible homeowner is knowing every aspect of your home. From what solar panels your roof is equipped with, to the type of home heating system you have, it is crucial to understand how your home works in order to assure the long lifespan of your appliances. The city of Yorba Linda tends to see a wide range of different temperature ranges. Recurring maintenance on your heating system will keep it up and running for years, allowing you to keep your home warm during the cold winter months. At Nexgen Air, we strive to be the best in every aspect of home air conditioning and heating so next time maintenance is needed please give us a call!
What types of Heating Systems are there?
- Forced Air Systems: forced air systems are a very common type of heating system, they usually include a furnace or heater. They can get their heat energy from a few different sources; natural gas, electricity, oil or propane. This heated air is then ‘forced’ through the air ducts around your house, allowing for every section of your home to be heated properly. Since the furnaces are the heat source, they usually need to be placed in safe areas such as a garage, basement, attic or crawlspace.
- Heat Pumps: Heat Pumps are a great system for areas that are not affected by crazy weather. If you live in an area that does not feel the 30-degree lows or 100-degree highs, then this system is perfect for you! It operates on electricity and works as both a heating and cooling system. By using two systems, an outdoor and indoor, it allows for air to be moved inside or out depending on desired temperatures.
- Boilers: Boilers are known for being a little outdated but definitely get the job done! They use a furnace and steam converter which converts the heat to steam. These systems get their power from gas, propane, oil or electricity.
- Package Units: Package units are known for being smart, compact and easy to use. All parts come in a single ‘package.’ This package tends to be stored on the roof or attached to the side of your home. These packages usually have both heating and cooling components, which are distributed throughout your home using the air ducts.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: Geothermal is the new big thing in the twenty-first century. Allowing for the use of clean energy, geothermal heat pumps, heat homes while staying good to the surrounding environment. These systems are normally pretty expensive for initial installation but are reliable for years to come.
Next time you have a heating system issue or question, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local Yorba Linda, Nexgen HVAC team. We are readily equipped to help any sort of customers’ needs, from Heat Pumps to Forced Air Systems, we can solve any sort of issue!