Heating Services in Southern California
Despite Southern California’s mild climate overall, some nights can get chilly, especially during the winter. Having a dependable heating system with a higher Annualized Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating helps ensure that homes are able to stay warm when outdoor temperatures drop. Higher AFUE ratings indicate that heating systems are running as efficiently as possible.
At Nexgen Air, we provide reliable heating installation, heating maintenance and heating repair. We are Google Certified for Home Service, and all of our employees are verified and must pass a thorough background check.
Benefits of Having a Heating System
Increased comfort: A proper heating system makes your home warmer and more comfortable when it’s cold out.
Enhanced air quality: A reliable heating system helps remove dust and other debris in the air, which improves the indoor air quality in your home.
Energy-efficient: An energy-efficient heating system lowers your home’s energy use and reduces your heating bills while keeping your home warm.
Types of Heating Systems
- A furnace is a heating system that uses gas, oil or electricity to provide homes with heated air.
- Furnaces have a blower that gathers air, which is then heated through the use of natural gas, oil or electrical heating elements and distributed throughout the home.
- Types of Furnaces
- Gas Furnace
- A gas furnace heats air by using natural gas.
- Gas furnaces have a lower fuel cost and last for many years, but they can be more costly to install and noisier to run.
- Oil Furnace
- Oil furnaces use heating oil to warm up air through a heat exchanger.
- Oil furnaces have lower installation costs, but they require a steady supply of heating oil, which can fluctuate in price. They also need more frequent cleaning.
- Electric Furnace
- An electric furnace uses electrical heating elements to produce heated air through a heat exchanger.
- Electric furnaces cost less to install and do not require as much maintenance, but they can be more expensive to run and tend to heat homes less efficiently.
- Gas Furnace
- Benefits of a Furnace System
- A furnace system costs less in terms of fuel and uses less energy than other heating systems in colder temperatures.
- Heat pumps extract heat from outdoor air and move it inside a residential building.
- Types of Heat Pumps
- Air Source Heat Pump: This heat pump pulls hot air from outside into homes.
- Ductless: Ductless, mini-split heat pumps are suitable for homes without ductwork or for heating certain zones or areas within a home.
- Geothermal: This heat pump pulls heat from the ground into homes.
- Absorption: These heat pumps use natural gas or other non-electrical sources.
- Benefits of a Heat Pump
- Heat pumps provide an energy-efficient way to heat homes, resulting in lower energy bills. Some can also act as air conditioners and keep homes cool in summer.
- Package units include all necessary components and parts that are typically housed in a single casing. These heating units offer a convenient way to keep smaller homes and other small spaces heated.
Components of a Heating System
There are two major choices when it comes to your heating infrastructure – the heat pump or the furnace. Here are some of the advantages for each option.
These ducts direct heated or cooled air to vents throughout your home.
- Digital Thermostats: These thermostats feature a digital display that allows you to adjust the temperature more accurately than manual thermostats.
- Honeywell Thermostats: Honeywell offers programmable and non-programmable digital thermostats.
- WiFi Thermostats: These thermostats allow you to adjust the settings from any location with Internet access.
- Honeywell Thermostats: These WiFi thermostats, such as the Honeywell Pro 9000, are programmable and offer convenience and improved energy efficiency.
- Nest Thermostat: The Google Nest thermostat is a “smart” thermostat that learns your typical schedule and makes temperature adjustments accordingly.
Heating System Brands
- Trane: Trane offers high-quality gas furnaces with AFUE ratings of 90 or higher, as well as heat pumps, for improved heating efficiency.
- Lennox: Lennox offers gas and oil furnaces, heat pumps and packaged units that provide a high degree of efficiency and quiet operation.
Contact Nexgen Air for Quality HVAC Service
Homeowners throughout Southern California can rely on Nexgen Air to provide exceptional heating and cooling services. Our HVAC contractors offer emergency services to ensure that homes stay heated when it’s cold out. As one of the leading HVAC companies in the area and the best in the industry, we also provide excellent maintenance plans and warranties that offer up to 12 years of peace of mind. Homeowners can also save on the cost of our services with our specials, including a $68 tune-up to keep heating systems running smoothly and efficiently.
At Nexgen Air, we offer reliable heating repairs and replacement, including gas heater service and heat pump service, to help ensure that your home stays heated. We also offer oil, electric and gas furnace installation, as well as heat pump installations. Our heating maintenance services, which include furnace and heat pump maintenance, help your heating system last longer and run as efficiently as possible.
For more information about our HVAC maintenance, installation, repair and replacement services, please contact the heating contractors at Nexgen Air and browse through our website. We have convenient office locations in Anaheim, Palm Desert and Los Angeles to better serve our customers.